Re: Two-Pass Vertical Spacing

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Two-Pass Vertical Spacing
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:37:41 +0100

William Oram <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been toying with two-pass vertical spacing. Pretty neat, and
> exactly what I need. A couple questions:
>
> 1) Is it *supposed* to force each system onto a separate page?

No. The purpose of two pass spacing is to have the same page breaks, but
with bigger systems, that is less space between systems.

> 2) This seems to be something that can't be applied across a \book {} of
> scores. I suppose with a little work a book could be broken into
> individual scores, processed separately, then merged together with
> LaTeX. But \book was invented to avoid that old mess, no?

Two-pass spacing works on several score books -- it was written for
that. By the way, are you sure you need to explicitely use \book?

Maybe you could send the ly file with the score definitions (that is,
the \score blocks, but without the notes), to see if you're using it the
right way.

nicolas