Re: Very Beginner's Guide

From: Manuel
Subject: Re: Very Beginner's Guide
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 01:45:13 +0100

Am 25/12/2006 um 01:24 schrieb Pierre Abbat:

On Sunday 24 December 2006 14:16, Manuel wrote:
I have no knowledge whatsoever about Linux, so maybe Pierre, or you,
or any Linux user could complete the text where I put the "..." as
well as any other necessary instructions for " invoking a lp
compilation".

It depends on your desktop. GNOME and KDE are common; some people just use text consoles. I would say this: Open a new file in a plain text editor (e.g. kwrite music.ly; vi music.ly; emacs music.ly). For compiling the file, you
run "lilypond music.ly" at a shell prompt (not inside your vi or emacs
session).

Although emacs is a (plain text) editor, it is by no means a plain (text
editor)!

phma

So, would the following be a clear way to put it?

Chapter One.

If you are using a Mac, open a new LilyPond window.

If you are working with Linux open a new file in a plain txt editor (e.g. kwrite music.ly; music.ly; emacs music ly).

Then write this inside:

{ c'  d'  e'  f'  g'  a'  b'  c' ' }

With a Mac, save the file and then select "Typeset file" from the "Compile" menu.

In Linux, run "lilypond music.ly" at a shell prompt (not inside your vi or emacs session). Although emacs is a (plain text) editor, it is by no means a plain (text editor)!

Manuel