Translation off-topic

From: Daniel Tonda Castillo
Subject: Translation off-topic
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:33:48 -0600

Hi to all:

I just wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity of translating lilypond to spanish. Doing this has helped me understand it much better than I thought I did.

In the process of translating, one can find inconsistencies or places where in the original version, things do not translate well, so experience with the program and the mantra: what you see is what you mean, applies.

Additionally, new ideas come to mind. I may try to concoct a mini-tutorial or crash course for some of my students, which are teenagers, to sort of proof-read, or to check for usability. If teenagers get it, adults probably will too. :)

Not to demean teenagers, but since they are in a stage where computer's are a way of expression for them, they chat all the time, why not try and offer a very creative outlet for those with an artistic interest.

I may have some trouble interesting them in the text-interface, however.

I'll talk this over with the principal and see if there could be an inclusion of computer related music issues and introduce LilyPond plus other tools.

¿Ideas?