Re: how to remove unwanted clef before line break?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: how to remove unwanted clef before line break?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:24:48 -0800 (PST)

Bodo Maass wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want a new line to start with a different clef. However, I always get a
> second copy of the new clef on the old line, just before the line break. I
> have simplified it to this example:
>
> ---- start test.ly --------
> \version "2.11.10"
>
> {
> \time 2/4
> {
>  \clef treble  c' d' e' f'  \bar "||" \break
>  \clef bass c d e f  \bar "||"
>  }
> }
> ----- end test.ly ------
>
> This will generate a pdf with two lines. The first line has a treble clef
> and a few notes.Just before the page break, the first line contains a bass
> clef at the end. The second line starts with the bass clef, as intended.
>
> How can I remove the extra bass clef at the end of the first line?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>  Bodo

I have no answer for this but I hope somebody does, as I've seen this when I
put whitespace in front of final codas using stopstaff and am forcing a
restatement of the clef for the final coda fragment.  If the line break
falls in the wrong place I get the clef at end of previous line anomoly too.
I've got lots of \break work-arounds to get the final codas to always start
in mid-system, but on a few pieces the ending coda is longer than one page
width, so it needs to break to a full new line at beginning.  I hope a fix
is found or this can get entered as a bug.