Re: Usability Question

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Usability Question
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 04:15:31 +0000 (UTC)

Rutger Hofman <rutger <at> cs.vu.nl> writes:

> Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> >
> >> I also tried this with \voiceOne etc (with version 2.8.8, admittedly),
> >> and couldn't get the first chord to print as 4 different voices of
> >> which three have upward stems. Lilypond gives me "warning: ignoring
> >> too many clashing note columns", and collapses all three into one
> >> chord. If we would have \voiceFive, that would solve the issue.
> > If you look at the definition of voiceXXXX you will see:
> > voiceOne = #(context-spec-music (make-voice-props-set 0) 'Voice)
> > voiceTwo = #(context-spec-music (make-voice-props-set 1) 'Voice)
> > voiceThree =#(context-spec-music (make-voice-props-set 2) 'Voice)
> > voiceFour = #(context-spec-music (make-voice-props-set 3) 'Voice)
> >
> > So voiceFive shoudl be possible
> >
> > Bert
>
> Yes! And it *works* !
>
> Rutger

Could you post your code, please?  I haven't been able to make it work.  I've
also been having a problem with four voices on one staff, in that collisions are
only resolved between two notes, and if you put three notes in the same
horizontal position (e.g. three notes with \stemUp) you get the warning about
too many clashing note columns.

I've already reported a bug (see issue #202), but it's being considered as an
enhancement, not a bug, since the code works properly for two voices.

I've been able to, rather easily, fix the issues that were identified with ties
and slurs so as to make the LilyPond output match the .jpg.  But I couldn't make
the first chord work.

Here's the code
%% Start code here
#(set-global-staff-size 17)
%     \version "2.10.7"
     \include"deutsch.ly"

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4")
}

\header {
        title = \markup \center-align  \italic { "Sonata 1ma a Violino Solo
senza Basso
di J. S. Bach"} }

     melody = \relative c' {
        \clef treble

        \key g \minor

        \time 4/4

                << { g''4 ~  \stemDown g32[ f( es d c b a b64 )g] }\\{
b4}\\{d,}\\{ g,}\\>>

                <<  { c'4} \\ \\ { \tieDown g8[ fis~] fis32[ \slurDown e( d e
fis g a c64 b)]}
\\ { a,4 } >>

                 << {fis''4} \\ {\voiceThree \slurDown c8[( c32) \slurUp d64( c
b32 c]
\stemDown c16.\trill b64 c d16 a)} \\ {\voiceFour d,8}

}

 \score {
        \new Staff \melody
        \layout { }