Re: Hiding empty staves

From: Rutger
Subject: Re: Hiding empty staves
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:34:15 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

I don't know whether this will be helpful at all, or whether it will just be
some silly remark from an inexperienced user, but at least it may prevent
future inexperienced users from making the same mistake:

I have been struggling with the same problem as Bob, and at first I also
didn't succeed in making it work even when reading this thread.
It turned out that I had rests at the beginning of the staff I wanted to
hide, instead of the \skip command.
Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong), rests (as opposed to a \skip) are
considered real 'content', which is why they are not hidden.

Best,

Rutger