Re: Manually decrease space between notes

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Manually decrease space between notes
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:05:23 +0100

TorbjörnBjörkman írta:
Hello,

Since this is my first post on Lilypond I start with: Thanks for a great program! *insert applause here*

On to my question:
Is there any way that I can manually decrease the space between notes? I only want to decrease the space between two specific notes in one place.

Alternatively (and a better solution to my actual problem):
How can I define a new type of notehead consisting of two baroque style breve's really close together? It is a kind of longa note that is common in baroque music as a long final note.

What about

{ << { g\breve } \\ { s8  g\breve } >> }

I tried horizontal-shift and shiftOnnn instead of s8 but that didn't work