Re: Fermata on final double bar

From: Jonathan Henkelman
Subject: Re: Fermata on final double bar
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:33:40 +0000 (UTC)

Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se> writes:

> One possible trick is to move the mark engraver from the score level to each
> stave and then include the ordinary rehearsal marks as well as the
> fermata above
> the system only in the top stave of the score and the downwards fermata
> only in
> the bottom stave of the score. Example:

Terrific! Thanks so much, and thanks for the very clear example.  It took me a
while, but once I noticed the second \override was on Staff.RehearsalMark
things went along much faster.  For anyone else reading this I also used:

\once \override Staff.RehearsalMark #'padding = #-5

to get the fermata the right distance on the bottom (there are some leger
lines on that staff and I think that must be what is pushing the fermata down).

Thanks to everyone for your help... I like the final solution - I think it's
pretty elegant...