musicxml problems

From: Jim Hauxwell
Subject: musicxml problems
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:41:34 +0000

Hi,

I'm using capella-scan to scan some music into musicxml format and am
having some problems with lilypond.

I've tested the xml file in noteedit, sibelius4 (demo) and in Finale
2007 (demo) and it looks fine, so I'm sure there is nothing wrong with
the xml file.

When I run the converter I get the following messages.

overfull measure? Expected: 3, Difference: -1
  In: <measure number=1>
  In: <part id=P1>
  In: <score-partwise version=1.1>
overfull measure? Expected: 9/2, Difference: -3/2
  In: <measure number=2>
  In: <part id=P1>
  In: <score-partwise version=1.1>
overfull measure? Expected: 5, Difference: -1
  In: <measure number=3>
  In: <part id=P1>
  In: <score-partwise version=1.1>
overfull measure? Expected: 27/4, Difference: -7/4
  In: <measure number=4>
  In: <part id=P1>
  In: <score-partwise version=1.1>
overfull measure? Expected: 8, Difference: -2
  In: <measure number=5>
  In: <part id=P1>
  In: <score-partwise version=1.1>
overfull measure? Expected: 8, Difference: -1
  In: <measure number=6>

and so on.  The resulting file has no data in it.

The versions I am using is

$ ./lilypond.exe --version
GNU LilyPond 2.11.15

on a winXP platform.

Anyone any ideas on whats going on, and/or how to fix it?

Has anyone a suitable workflow from capella to lilypond without
re-entering the data?

If anyone is actively working on this then I can provide a sample .xml file.

Cheers

Jim