Re: tex backend

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: tex backend
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:55:57 +0200

I included the lilypond files with \lilypondfile in my latex file.
If I translate the lilypond file on it's own with lilypond, the
postscript output is ok. If I translate the latex file with
lilypond-book, the output has postscript errors. Both the latex file and
the .ly files are utf-8 encoded. The latex file contains:

\usepackage[utf-8]{inputenc}
Any ideas how to get it also working with umlauts?

This sounds indeed strange to me. Is lilypond-book not working on unicode-mode?
Or is there an option
that makes it working that way?
Do you use the normal latex way or the pdflatex way? Would think that pdflatex
may fix some problems. On the other hand, what errors do you get from the ps
output? Does it become clearer if you open the ps file in a text editor and
check the lines the ps reader complains about? I don't know much about
postscript, but this sounds like a bug by lilypond. Actually, as far as I
understand, lilypond-book in the normal mode creates eps-files which are then
included into the ps file. So you could start by checking those eps files
(after you did lilypond-book, but before you do latex/dvips), if they are
readable with a ps viewer, the problem probably is in dvips.

So far my bit. I guess lilypond-book doesn't take LaTeX-commands inside the
lilypond part.

Greetings
Till