Re: Fixed Vertical Spacing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Fixed Vertical Spacing
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:51:26 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

 \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = ##f }

I wouldn't have imagined that a spacing value could be set to "false"

Me neither.  Are there any guidelines on what properties can be set to
##f, or should we just always try that when we are trying to make
something have a null effect?

Some properties need a value (setting the value to ##f
normally corresponds to that the property isn't set at all)
otherwise LilyPond can't do its job. However, in most cases
it works, so it's normally worth a try.

One amusing example you could try is to set also the Y-extent
property below to ##f. LilyPond will still produce some output
but you get a good illustration of the difference between having
zero vertical extent and having none at all.

  /Mats

-- Tom

You can indeed set the vertical height of a Lyrics context to zero:

\new Lyrics \with {
 \override VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent = #'(0 . 0)
 \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = ##f }
 \lyricmode{ Here is some text }

  /Mats

Thank you very much!
I wouldn't have imagined that a spacing value
could be set to "false" :-)

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems