Re: Fw: extra-offset instead of X/Y offset? (was Lowering a mark)

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: Fw: extra-offset instead of X/Y offset? (was Lowering a mark)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:57:21 +0100

Graham Percival schrieb:
> Vivian Barty-Taylor wrote:
>> I would suggest putting a note on the backend pages of the Program
>> Reference. It seemed such a logical thing to just do \once \override
>> DynamicText #'padding = #4 that I didn't even check if that was
>> possible. (I then remembered that the last time I had tried this and
>> it hadn't worked I had just used #'extra-offset.) Then I noticed it
>> hadn't worked  and started trying to work out why. When I looked at:
>
> Unfortunately I can't do this; the backend pages are generated
> automatically, and I can't see how to add such information.  Could you
> think of anywhere in the main docs that I could add it?

How about the end of section 6.6.3 "Dynamics"? There is already a
subsection called "Commonly tweaked properties" where it is implicitly
mentioned that DynamicTextSpanner is responsible for the movement of
dynamic text (by ways of an example). I could imagine that this kind of
information fits well in there. Maybe there are other places, too (I
haven't checked thoroughly).

Cheers
Max