Re: LILYPOND_DATADIR in 2.10

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LILYPOND_DATADIR in 2.10
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:32:44 -0700

Arjan Bos wrote:
Ah, Indeed it appears that I have an outdated version of the lilypond script in my ~/bin.
Does this mean that lilycall.py is obsolete?

Umm... maybe? Try it in 2.11; if it's still useful there, then obviously we're keeping it.

If so, then please remove it, or replace it with a message that says to update the ~/bin run scripts.

Did you know that instead of editing your .profile to set environment variables for that specific bash session,

I don't understand -- modifying .profile will effect the environment for every bash session.

you can set them globally for every program by creating a environment.plist in ~/.MacOSX with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>PATH</key>
<string>/Users/arjanbos/bin:/sw/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The bash way (ie the standard unix way) looks a lot simpler. In addition, anybody familiar with unix will already know how to do it.

Cheers,
- Graham