Re: Tempo mark (MM) range

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Tempo mark (MM) range
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:33:55 -0700

Palmer, Ralph wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to specify a range of tempi, using
something that looks like the normal MM or tempo mark. Specifically, I'm
trying to get a quarter note, followed by an equals sign ("="), followed
by a range ("92-100"). I've tried the manual, the examples, the Tips and
Tricks, the Regression Tests, and the list archives. The following is
the closest I could come, but it's not working.

Test = {
        \key d \minor
        \time 2/2
%       \tempo 4=92

        c''1^\markup {\small \note #"4" #1 = 30 - 240}

        }

\score {
        \Test
        }

I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm also thinking that some of my
problems may be shared by others, and maybe I should submit some to Tips
and Tricks (was that formerly the Snippet Repository?).

Actually, it's the other way around -- you should submit it to LSR, (soon-to-be-formerly the Tips and Tricks).

Cheers,
- Graham