Lilypond for jazz lead sheet questions

From: iain duncan
Subject: Lilypond for jazz lead sheet questions
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:26:10 -0700

Sorry if this has been asked a lot, but looking in the archives didn't
seem like it was going to help, I did try! =)

I would like to know if Lilypond allows the following for jazz lead
sheets:

- control over bar spacing, regardless of the note content
- use of various different jazz chord symbols
- control over the spacing of the symbols vertically and horizontally

Specifically, I like the geometric or minimal style of jazz symbols as
they are the fastest to read on the fly and easiest to memorize
visually, so that would be things like the triangle for Maj7, little
circle for diminished, strike through circle for half-dim, 7+9 with
superscript 9, etc. I wasn't able to easily see whether various symbol
options are available from the quick tour. ( Might be worth mentioning
in the quick tour if they are! )

Thanks,
Iain