Re: Strange TextScript behaviour?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Strange TextScript behaviour?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:59:48 +0200

Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
To be short:
    measures 2 and 4 should be identical, shouldn't they?
    (i mean "11" in 2nd should be positioned like "1" in 4th,
    with the same staff-padding)

    But they are not.

    Probably, it should be so -- but I don't know why, that's why i'm
    asking.

As far as I can understand, the explanation, as I described below, is that the "11" extends sufficiently far to the right that it is considered to be above the slur, whereas the "1" is considered to be so far to the left that it's not influenced by the slur. For text scripts above slurs, there's another property that you haven't
noticed yet, namely the "avoid-slur" property. If you add the setting
\override TextScript #'avoid-slur = #'inside
at the top of your example, then all your text scripts will end up at the same vertical position. As an alternative, as I have described earlier, you could make the text scripts right aligned, to avoid that they are considered to be above the slur (at least in this specific example, where the slur starts on the same note as
the text script).

  /Mats

Thanks,