Re: How to cleanly convert MIDI to Lilypond?

From: Michael David Crawford
Subject: Re: How to cleanly convert MIDI to Lilypond?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 04:05:36 -0700

Laura Conrad wrote:
If the midi2ly -d option doesn't do it for you, is there a
quantization option on your MIDI recorder?

There's not in LUNA Free, but there is in Metro SE, and it's just $69 and seems to have pretty good tech support, so I'll be buying it.

I said in my first email I was also considering Cubase Se, but on a closer look I won't - it's not a Universal Binary (PowerPC and Intel code in a single executable). But Metro is. (I have an Intel Mac.)

I tried:

midi2ly -d4

and it didn't seem to make a difference.

You know what would be nice - maybe I could write this, as I'm a programmer - would be a way to copy snippets of MIDI to the clipboard from a sequencing program, having it translated to Lilypond format, then the .ly placed on the clipboard where you could paste it into your score.

Mike Crawford
address@hidden
http://www.geometricvisions.com/ <--- Creative Commons Sheet Music