Measure number collision

From: Jason Merrill
Subject: Measure number collision
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 01:41:17 -0400

I'm having a problem with the measure numbers colliding with the staff
tie (not sure of the correct name for the thing that ties two staffs
together).  I'm running OS X 10.4 .  Below is a fairly minimal example
that produces the problem for me.  If others find the code doesn't
create the problem for them, I'll pass along a PDF.

I'm sure there must be a way to move those numbers around manually,
but I haven't looked that hard for it yet.  This seems like a simple
enough case that lilypond should just do the Right Thing, so I have a
feeling I must be making some kind of stupid error in the layout of
the document.  I think it follows rather closely the 4 voice template.

\version "2.10.20"

tenorOne = \relative c'' {
 c4 c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
 c c c c
}

tenorTwo = \relative c'' {
 a4 a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a
 a a a a

}

baritone = \relative c {
 f4 f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
}

bass = \relative c {
 f,4 f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
 f f f f
}

\score{
 \new ChoirStaff <<
     \new Staff = tenors <<
       \new Voice = "one" { \voiceOne << \tenorOne >> }
       \new Voice = "two" { \voiceTwo << \tenorTwo >> }

     \new Staff = basses <<
       \clef bass
       \new Voice = "three" { \voiceOne << \baritone >> }
       \new Voice = "four"{ \voiceTwo << \bass >> }

  \layout { }
}

Regards,

Jason Merrill