chord notation annoyance

From: Victor Eijkhout
Subject: chord notation annoyance
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 07:21:29 -0500

The notation "g/b4" is apparently incorrect, it should be "g4/b".

Could the error message be improved somewhat? The following is rather unhelpful. Basically I had to take apart my chord sheet measure by measure to find the offending entry.

Parsing.../Applications/Audio and Music/Lilypond/LilyPond.app/ Contents/Resources/bin/../share/lilypond/current/scm/chord-entry.scm: 39:11: In procedure construct-chord in expression (scm-error (quote chord-format) "construct-chord" ...): /Applications/Audio and Music/Lilypond/LilyPond.app/Contents/ Resources/bin/../share/lilypond/current/scm/chord-entry.scm:39:11: Spurious garbage following chord: #<Pitch f' >

Or maybe Lily could be made slightly more accepting of variant notations?

Victor.