Re: Spacing with arpeggio

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Spacing with arpeggio
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:47:22 +0200

Helge Kruse wrote:

Hello,

I edited a small piece for harp. Everything looks quite nice, except the final chord in the last measure.

Please always tell what LilyPond version you are using.
I also strongly recommend you to add a \version statement
in your LilyPond files, see the section on "Version number"
in the Tutorial.

How do I avoid the nearby collision between arpeggio and previous note (D)?

This is something that has been fixed (or at least looks much
better) in the latest development version. However, I think
there are good reasons to stay with the latest stable (2.10.xx)
version anyway. There, you can fix the problem by using the
trick described below "Bugs" in the section on "Horizontal
spacing overview" in the manual.

How can I draw the arpeggio over lower and upper staff?

Read about the connectArpeggios property in the section on
"Arpeggio".

  /Mats