Re: many short pieces - page breaks

From: Tom Permutt
Subject: Re: many short pieces - page breaks
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:26:40 -0700 (PDT)

Mats Bengtsson-4 wrote:

> Please always tell what LilyPond version you are using!
> In the latest development release 2.11.25, there is support for page break
> commands to be inserted between two scores or between a score and a markup
> or whatever.

Good point.  I have 2.11.25.  I saw that explicit page breaks are now
allowed at top level, which is why I revisited this.  I don't want to force
breaks, though:  I want to allow them, between scores, and forbid them,
within scores.  As of 2.11.25, what I said is still true:  though you can
put an explicit break between scores, lily will not automatically consider
"between scores" as a possible break point distinct from "at the end of this
score" which I have forbidden with the rest.  The \markup trick works,
though.

I believe a future version may have a command \allowPageBreak, along with
\pageBreak and \noPageBreak.  If it also operates at top level, it will be a
more natural way to accomplish the same thing.