SVG previews

From: Keenan Pepper
Subject: SVG previews
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 21:38:39 -0400

I want Lilypond to produce an SVG file (for uploading to Wikipedia),
but I don't want it to be a whole page. I thought "lilypond -b svg
--preview" would do the trick, but apparently those options are
incompatible:

address@hidden:~/thirdstone$ lilypond --version
GNU LilyPond 2.10.5
This program is free software.  It is covered by the GNU General Public
License and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.  Invoke as `lilypond --warranty' for more
information.

Copyright (c) 1996--2006 by
 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
 and others.
address@hidden:~/thirdstone$ lilypond -b svg --preview thirdstone.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.10.5
Processing `thirdstone.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [7]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Layout output to `thirdstone.svg'...
/usr/share/lilypond/2.10.5/ly/init.ly:41:1: error: GUILE signaled an
error for the expression beginning here
#
(if (pair? toplevel-scores)
unbound variable: output-preview-framework
/usr/share/lilypond/2.10.5/ly/init.ly:41:5: error: syntax error,
unexpected '(', expecting '='
#(if
    (pair? toplevel-scores)
error: failed files: "thirdstone.ly"
address@hidden:~/thirdstone$

If I leave out the "-b svg" part, it produces a PNG file that looks
like what I want, but I want it in SVG format instead. How can I get
it to do that?

Keenan Pepper