Re: Fonts in SVG output

From: Vincent
Subject: Re: Fonts in SVG output
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:01:49 +0000 (UTC)

> It is little difficult for me. I have in directory
> ~/.fonts no fonts. There is only any file named fonts.dir.
> Is it necessary copy fonts into this directory from
> other one? Will Inscape prefer fonts from this directory?

Sorry, I don't use linux (yet ;-). I guess ~/fonts is "where
linux stores the font files", but I don't know exactly what
it is. In windows this is a folder named "c:\windows\fonts".
I have all the lilypond otf font files here and inkscape
just finds them there.

I don't know how inkscape finds the fonts under
linux, or how to configure it. Perhaps some linux user can
tell you more about that.

See more in this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-11/msg00194.html

Greetings,