Re: opening Ly-files

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: opening Ly-files
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:30:23 +0200

I'm afraid that you will have to learn some basics about LilyPond to be able to do something useful at all with the program. Then, you will be able to quickly realize that none of these
files will produce any output, since they don't contain any
(explicit or implicit) \score{...} block. The file QuartetOpus18_No4_1.ly available in the ZIP file from Mutopia is the only one that produces any output, and it includes the other files that you have seen. I guess that you want to produce instrumental parts and as I said earlier you probably have to at least read the Tutorial first to be able to do it.

Good luck!

  /Mats

Quoting Hombergh Henri van den GTZ VN <address@hidden>:

Dear Colleagues,

I have started to download Ly-files from the Mutopia website only
recently. I have obviously installed Lilypond. Most of the time if I try
to open a Ly-file, only a small txt-fiel is made with the text: #
-*-compilation-*-Changing working directory to `D:/music pdf files/L v
Beethoven Quartet Opus18 No4' Processing `D:/music pdf files/L v
Beethoven Quartet Opus18 No4/violinoone.ly' Parsing...

But a PS or Pdf file is not created in the same directory or anywhere
else on the hard disk????

I have attached these 4 files, because it does not work with any of
them.

Can anybody help??

Thanks

Henri

Dr. Henri van den HombergHenri, MD-MPH
GTZ- Health Sector Coordinator Vietnam
Room 305-306 E1 Building
Trung Tu Diplomatic Compound
6 Dang Van Ngu Street, Dong Da District
Telephone numbers:+84 4 5737358/ 59/ 60
Fax number: +84 4 5737367
Mobile:  +84 904 511 122
E-Mail: address@hidden
Official Mail Address:
GTZ-Office Hanoi Towers-6th floor
49 Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi, Vietnam

Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH; Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office Eschborn/Taunus, Germany; Registergericht/Registered at Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Eintragungs-Nr./Registration no. HRB 12394; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Erich Stather, State Secretary; Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Directors: Dr. Bernd Eisenblaetter, Wolfgang Schmitt