Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP

From: Germain G. Ivanoff-Trinadtzaty
Subject: Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 01:30:57 +0200

Bertalan Fodor a écrit :

An idea: Create a .cmd file into the lilypond bin directory calling this
command, and set that file as lilypond command.

e.g. run-lilypond.cmd would be something like this:

chcp 65001 && lilypond %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

Thank you Bertalan,
Good idea. It works (I mean : all two commands are called). And I become with this :
"chcp 65001" is called before lilypond. Ok. Then
"lilypond %1 ..." is called. Compiling is ok. But
messages are still broken when there are accented french characters.

So may I recall the mail that I sent this evening to... the creator of LilyPondTool !?
(at address@hidden) I've just noticed that it's you...

-------------------------
LilyPondTool / Console / Text Encoding
-------------------------
Hi,
I must first give you MOST GREATINGS.
Your plug-in is just EssentiaL for all us winy-pond users...
Could I ask you something about the (lilypond) console output ?

I use your plug-in in a french windows environment.
When LilyPond outputs french messages (at compile time), all accented characters are badly printed in the console. It seems that LilyPond messages are sent in UTF-8 encoding, but when your plug-in catches them it reencodes it another way, before sending it to the lilypond console. (I don't think it's a console font encoding problem).
Do I get it right ?
If so, could you please consider to provide us an update, so that Unicode LilyPond messages appear correctly in the console ?
If not, do you see what/where is the problem ?

Thank you very much,
Germain
--
Windows XP / jre v1.6 / LilyPond v2.11.26
jEdit v4.3pre9 / LilyPondTool v2.10.4 / Console v4.3.2 / ErrorList v1.4.2 / Jakarta Commons v0.4.4 / SideKick v0.7.3 / Templates v4.0.0

By the way, I noticed a minor typo in the current LilyPondTool default configuration.
In jEdit :
Plugins>LilyPondTool>Development>Lilytool Options>LilyPondTool>General>MusicXml2ly
is set to "nwc2ly.py"
It probably should be "musicxml2ly.py"

Maybe 2.10.5 will fix the two issues ?

Thanks,