Re: Hiding whole measure rests from conductor score

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Re: Hiding whole measure rests from conductor score
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:38:26 -0400

Steve Schow wrote:
If you mean this is the answer:

"When skipBars is set, the result will look OK, but the bar numbering will be
off."

I already found that out from reading the manual, but I am trying to figure out a work-around. Also, what about the notion of the part sheets showing mm rests while the conductor score just shows empty measures?

Greetings,

Transparent rests in the score is easy. Add:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \override MultiMeasureRest #'transparent = ##t
    \override MultiMeasureRestNumber #'transparent = ##t
    \override MultiMeasureRestText #'transparent = ##t

to your Score block for the musical score and make sure it's not in the Score block for the parts. It may be a little extreme in some cases (if all your MMRs are single measures in the score, for instance, the last two aren't needed), but it should do the trick. YMMV

Cheers,
Bryan...