How do I: print a staff, end it, and then print some others?

From: sqrt
Subject: How do I: print a staff, end it, and then print some others?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I would like to first make a staff with the notes called "melody". Then,
when the notes stop, I'd like to start a new set of staves, namely the
choir.

I thought, the following code would be the answer, but instead of stopping
when there are no more notes, the melody staff is printed, on top of the
others, although with no notes and no rests in it.

\score {
  \context ChoirStaff {
    \new Staff  {
      \clef violin