Re: TextSpanner

From: Peter Terpstra
Subject: Re: TextSpanner
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:36:48 +0200

Valentin Villenave in
<address@hidden> :

> -first, apparently LilyPond is expecting a Scheme expression here: typing
> #"II"
> instead of
> "II"
> will correct your output error
>
> -but anyway your snippet is incomplete; you have to make the
> TextSpanner object exist by adding some \startTextSpan and
> \stopTextSpan commands after your \override instruction, like in the
> "other guitar issues" example.

Okay thank, but it still remains the same.

Snippit:

        d\rest <g-0> <a,-0>2 |
        \textSpannerUp
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left 'text = #"II "
        \startTextSpan
        fis2''-1 g-3\stopTextSpan

Error:

GNU LilyPond 2.10.25
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
test.ly:57:53: error: syntax error, unexpected SCM_TOKEN, expecting '='
        \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left
                                                     #'text = #"II "
test.ly:82:8: error: errors found, ignoring music expression

        \relative <<
error: failed files: "test.ly"

Then I tried it with this:

 \override TextScript #'outside-staff-priority = ##f
        fis2-1^\markup{ \italic II } g-2

An this works!

P.

I still have a lot of problems with other things, trying find relief in
working with denemo but this software is crashing too often. And i don't
know if this would be of any help.

Kind regards,

   Peter

--