Standalone bar lines in StaffGroup

From: Siska Ádám
Subject: Standalone bar lines in StaffGroup
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:43:32 +0200

Hello,

I'm engraving a string quartet, and I have the four staffs inside a StaffGroup. This is normally good for bar lines, as normally I need single barlines that display through the four staves. But there's a point where the time signatures differ for every stave, but just for a few bars. How can I tell the engine to create separate barlines only for that few staves?

Thank you,
Adam

P.S. If someone knew a solution on how to connect a horizontal line to a barline, or better, a solution to how to tell the engine to put the first notes of the bars exactly on the barline (as this would solve the line problem with some invisible notes on the barline that have glissando lines attached), please tell me! (The 'put the first notes of the bar exactly on the barline' could also be useful to engrave scores that have strict space notation, like Tristan Murail's ones.)

Siska Ádám
+36 (70) 207-63-85
http://apocalypse.rulez.org/~sadam