LilyPond extension/plugin for MediaWiki software

From: Mark Dewey
Subject: LilyPond extension/plugin for MediaWiki software
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:05:04 -0700

Hello,

I've heard tell that there is a LilyPond extension or plugin for MediaWiki
(that's the software they use with Wikipedia).  I have a wiki (HymnWiki.org)
that uses LilyPond files quite a bit . . . so, I'm interested in finding out
what the plugin is for, what it is called, and where I can get it.  Do any of
you know?  Would it be better to ask on a MediaWiki forum?  I figured the
person who made it probably frequents these forums from time to time, anyway.

I've heard that it requires LilyPond to be installed on the server.  Is this
true?

I'm guessing it allows scores to show up, or plays the music, or something, but
I really have no idea other than that.  Whatever the case, my Internet searches
haven't yielded much.