Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 23:01:09 +0100

Hi Valentin,

On 8/9/07, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:

A solution would be to print the time signatures as Rehearsal Marks,
but I don't know how to do it nor if it's even possible.

I've been messing around with RehearsalMark, and this seems to produce the kind of output you're after:

\relative
{
    \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbol = #'left-edge
    \override Score.RehearsalMark #'stencil = #ly:time-signature::print
    \override Score.RehearsalMark #'font-size = #3
       c'4 c c c
       \mark \default
       \time 3/2 c c c c c c
       \mark \default
       \time 5/8 c8 c c c c
       \time 2/4 c4 c
}

Unfortunately it's pretty much useless, since it will only print out 4/4, whatever the time signature. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of LilyPond's internals can point to a solution for this?

If it is possible, however, there's another problem if you're using frenched staves - you'd have to move both the Mark_engraver and Staff_collecting_engraver to the Staff context, which will conflict with \RemoveEmptyStaffContext.

Regards,

Neil