Re: initial acciaccatura confuses things?

From: Ed Ravin
Subject: Re: initial acciaccatura confuses things?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:34:33 -0400

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:15:53PM +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
[...]
> >  A score that starts with an \grace section needs an explicit \context
> >  Voice declaration, otherwise the main note and grace note end up on
> >  different staves.
> >
> >But it would be nice if the manual had an example.

> It does! The point you probably missed is that the \grace s16 should be
> inserted
> in all the other staves, so that all staves begin with a grace note of
> some form
> (\grace or \acciaccatura or \appoggiatura).

Aha, now it makes sense.  And there was no need for me to define
a new Voice context - adding this to the beginning of both the melody and
upper staves worked:

  %       extra grace note to work around LilyPond bug with the initial
  %       grace note in the lower staff
          \grace s16

Many thanks!

        -- Ed