Re: LilyPond - dynamics and MIDI output

From: Philippe Raynaud
Subject: Re: LilyPond - dynamics and MIDI output
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:54:25 +0000 (UTC)

> I am not top posting

You have your problem (partly) resolved in the documentation
 D.2.4 Piano centered dynamics.
I am also interested in a good MIDI output.
At he beginning, I was hiding some dynamics, particularly
after a (de)crescendo, but now I prefer writing the dynamics
separately from the notes.
So I write tthe dynamics twice:
1. for the score, as they have to appear on it
2. for the Midi Output, so I can control their effect.
If your are particularly interested in a good Midi output,
I'll give you an example of the way I manage it (Voice +
piano staves).
Cheers. Philippe