Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 57, Issue 76

From: Michael Sperone
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 57, Issue 76
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:26:50 +0000

Hi Michael,

On 8/27/07, Michael Sperone <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have been successful at entering my entire score into lilypond and it
> looks great! But there are some things I need to change (such as the 4/4
> instead of "C", accidentals, and stem settings etc..)
>
> I haven't, for the life of me, been able to figure out how to do this in
> one simple command.
> I know there is a way...

Have a look at section 6.4.3, "Time Signature" - you'll find what you're
looking for near the top of the page.

You'll have to be a bit more specific with regard to other issues; without
an idea of what you're trying to do, it's a bit difficult to suggest a
solution. Could you perhaps post a minimal example with your requirements?

> I want to be able to type one command at the top (or bottom if that's more
> appropriate) of the score that will change these things for the whole score.
>
> I read about style sheets, but I got errors for everything I tried from
> the examples... I tried it in the score, I tried it in a separate file with
> the \include "file.ly" and different variations... but nothing worked and
> it's getting frustrating.

You can put global tweaks in \layout, then it's a matter of choice whether
you keep it in a separate file or insert it into your \score block.

Regards,
Neil

Thanks Neil,
I was able set the 4/4 time signature in the /layout section, but as for setting other global settings, I can't seem to figure them out.

I'd like to be able to set modern style accidentals, and.. .well I can't think of anything else right now off the top of my head, but I'd like to be able to fix anything I want for the whole score at once.

I tried using the time signature thing as a model for doing the accidentals, but that didn't work,

for the time signature, I did this in the /layout {} section:

\layout {
    \context {
        \Score
            \override TimeSignature #'style =#'()

Thanks for your help,
Michael

PS... how come my posts are coming up only as attachments in the digest?