Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:09:31 +0100

On 9/11/07, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
2007/9/11, Adam James Wilson <address@hidden>:
> Perhaps two examples - one manually beaming non-tuplets->tuplets and
> one manually beaming tuplets->non-tuplets (maybe just the examples
> below) - could be added to the 2.11 manual under "tuplets?"  I'd be
> happy to write up a little chunk of text if that would help.

That this is definitely a LSR-worthy tip (I've been looking for such a
tip for hours myself).

To add a dissenting voice, I don't think this is LSR-worthy, in my humble opinion.

Surely it's clear from the postfix-style syntax for manual beaming that the right square bracket should directly follow the note which is to be at the end of the requested beaming, i.e. inside the tuplet section?

Regards,
Neil