Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:17:04 +0200

Have you read the section on Polymetric notation?
You may also want to play with the techniques described in "Scaling durations",
for example.

  /Mats

Vít Reichel wrote:
Hello!

How can I make a different horizontal spacing for each staff or staff group?

I need to write a modern notation piece where there is one staff with every bar
with different time signature and one staff group in 3/4. All staves have a
common barline at the end of every system. The rythm of the music is quite free,
it is not at all necessary that the beats in different staves would be exactly
at the same vertical position. Time signature changes in one staff make
especially the little notes in other staves badly readable.

Is there a way to have independent horizontal spacing for each staff?

Thanks Vít

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems