bizarre log file extension when the submitted file is not a .ly file

From: Luc
Subject: bizarre log file extension when the submitted file is not a .ly file
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:13:48 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

When I submit a file with an other extension than ".ly" lilypond - under
windows XP - creates all ouput files (i.e. ".ps", ".pdf", ".midi") in the
expected way - exept the log which's name is built by appending ".log" to the
full name of the submitted file - e.g. submitting "xx.txt" I get the log
"xx.txt.log" back.

I think this behaviour is a bit weird since 1) I can not check the log
automatically (with a program) 2) the most important output (the pdf-file) is
overwritten anyway.

Thanx
-Luc