Re: Question about piano template with centered dynamics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Question about piano template with centered dynamics
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:32:14 +0200

Quoting Martijn Vromans <address@hidden>:

Hi all,

There's a question here about the piano template with centered dynamics. I
never used this template but it seemed quite fashionable to have centered
dynamics. However, it appears somewhat strange. First of all there are two
score blocks. Is this really needed?

One for printed output, the other one for MIDI output, if I recall
correctly.

Second... some syntax errors occur...

Are you sure that you copied all relevant lines? Are you sure that the version of the manual that you copied them
from is the same as the version of LilyPond you have installed.

Finally, I have posted an alternative approach to get a similar output with simpler techniques, see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-01/msg00239.html
I haven't tested it in any recent version of LilyPond, though, so I
cannot promise that it still works.

  /Mats