Method of including PDF document information in LilyPond files?

From: John Zaitseff
Subject: Method of including PDF document information in LilyPond files?
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:36:21 +1000

Dear LilyPonders,

Is there a way to include PDF metainfo (document information) in LilyPond
documents?  For example, I would like to do something like the following:

    \header {
        title = "Test title"
        subject = "Description of title"
        maintainer = "John Zaitseff"
    }

and then have LilyPond and/or my own Scheme code generate the following
pdfmark PostScript to be included in the output PS file:

    [
        /Title (Test title)
        /Subject (Description of title)
        /Author (John Zaitseff)
    /DOCINFO
    pdfmark

Of course, I'd like the actual contents of the pdfmark output to be
generated from the header:title, header:subject and header:maintainer
properties.

Yours truly,

John Zaitseff

--
John Zaitseff                    ,--_|\    The ZAP Group
Phone:  +61 2 9643 7737         /      \   Sydney, Australia