Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there... round III

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there... round III
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:19:12 -0700

Eyolf Østrem wrote:
I made a last attempt, with minimal files included, which look like
this:

I'm now going to commit the sin of jumping into a long discussion without having read the intermediate steps (with GDP going on, I've been pretty much ignoring -user), so please ignore if this is totally off-base...

playground/book.tex:
    \documentclass{article}
    \begin{document}
    \include{out/lpb-file}
    \end{document}

playground/lpb-file.lytex:
    \lilypondfile{music.ly}

... why?  Just not stick
\lilypnodfile{out/music.ly

in your main book.tex? That's what I do. Call it book.lytex, run it through lilypond-book, then run the generated .tex through texinfo. Or pdflatex.

Now, is this how it's supposed to be, or is there a way to work around
this? As I said, I'm happy to keep all the output files in the main
folder -- now it's become almost a matter of principle: I want to find
out if I've overlooked something...

This is related to a current bug (or enhancement request) about \includes in pure lilypond files. All the filenames are relative to the first file called, not the first file. Err, the bug summary has a better summary than this.

Cheers,
- Graham