Re: ReheasalMark in Staff context is broken - sponsorship of fix?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ReheasalMark in Staff context is broken - sponsorship of fix?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:21:48 +0200

Did you try my fix, to move the Break_align_engraver to the Staff context?
 \layout {

   \context {
      \Staff
      \consists "Mark_engraver"
      \consists "Break_align_engraver"
   }
   \context { \Score
      \remove "Mark_engraver"
      \remove "Break_align_engraver"

I have tried it on a couple of examples and cannot see that it introduces any
other problems.

  /Mats

Adam James Wilson wrote:
Hi Mats et al,

(RE: this bug: http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=432)

Moving Break_align_engraver to the Staff context works to get the
correct alignment of RehearsalMarks, but the side effect is that if
there is a mid-system Clef change in one Staff and not another, you
get a broken system barline - the Clef pushes aside the bar in its
Staff only, because a multiple-staff "column" is not created when the
engraver is removed from the Score context.

I tried a workaround of putting "hidden" clefs in the other staves to
pad them, but this seems impossible - making a Clef transparent or
"breaking" its visibility is equal to removing its width.

Unless you know another workaround, it seems the best to just get a
fix in place for the problem.

I'm willing to sponsor a fix to this bug; the idea is to be able to 1)
duplicate the default behavior of a Score-living RehearsalMark when it
is moved to the Staff context (at the beginning of a system it should
align to the clef, and then align to staff bars for the rest of the
system), and 2) to be able to explicitly modify the break-align symbol
for the Clef in each Staff at any position in the score.