Stanza collision

From: Dominic Neumann
Subject: Stanza collision
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:23:38 +0200

Hi,

I still have problems with collisions. Sometimes the stanza numbers
collide with the text before it. I´ve created a minimal example:

%%%%%%%%%% START %%%%%%%%

\version "2.10.33"

refrain = \lyricmode {
    Test test test test.
}

verseOne = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = "1. "
    Testi tes -- ter test testets.
}

\score {
    {
        <<
        \relative c' {
            \key c \major
            \time 4/4

            e8 a f g~ g2 | r8 a e f g4 c |
            e,8 e f g~ g2 | e8 e f g~ g4 g | e8 e f g~ g4 g
            \bar "|."

        }
        \addlyrics { \refrain \verseOne }

You can see the output in the attached file.

Is there a way to let lilypond leave some space between the words? The
only workaround I found until now was to do a line break there. That
is often okay, but not optimal. And sometimes it sucks, because I
cannot find a way to solve it.

Is this a known bug?

Dominic