Re: Better vertical spacing in 2.11 adversely affects lyric spacing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Better vertical spacing in 2.11 adversely affects lyric spacing
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:59:03 +0100

Arvid Grøtting wrote:

I do use lyrics, and the settings to use depends on the usage.  There
really isn't a way that I can think of for Lilypond to automatically
set the stretching properties of a Lyrics context.

(If there was a way to specify that a Lyrics context should be aligned
to *multiple* voices and (thus) staves, a good algorithm would be
"close to the staff if only one, centered between multiple staffs".
And I could imagine horisontal positioning depending on the placement
of notes (and possibly melismas) in multiple voices.  But that's
probably too much work for too little gain.)
Is there any possibility to make the spacing algorithm behave differently for
Lyrics contexts that are included in a ChoirStaff compared to those that
are not? That's the only way I could think of to deduce from the information
available in the .ly file if the lyrics should be centered between staves or
should be kept close to a single stave.

  /Mats