Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 04:51:05 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/11/3, address@hidden <address@hidden>:
Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

Does anybody object if I rename Program Reference to Internals
Reference?  or maybe Tweak Reference?  or... ?  (renaming Program Usage
is also an option)
... or merging it with Notation Reference, where it belongs.... :-)

Not at all! The notation Reference is here to help users produce
scores using predefined commands and interface, whereas the Internals
Reference describes the way LilyPond *internally* works, to possibly
allow them to change the interface itself.

Well, some of the NR -- as well as LM -- discusses the way lilypond works internally, in order to facilitate using the PR.

A much better reason (and one which closes the "merge" discussion, IMO) is that the Program Reference is generated automagically from the source code. It lies totally outside the scope of GDP, or any doc work that I've ever done in lilypond.

Cheers,
- Graham