Re: GDP: chattiness in @seealso

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: GDP: chattiness in @seealso
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 00:17:11 +0100

On 14.11.2007 (16:18), Graham Percival wrote:
>  I think we should have a consistent format for the NR; which one do
>  people prefer?

>  I have a slight preference against #2 (sentences everywhere), since IMO

I know you have, and you know this is the one I prefer. Giving a hint at
WHY one should seealso ain't fluff. This isn't dungeons and dragons ("you
are in a dark cave. To the east there is a link to Proportional notation,
to the south is a snippet." etc). In other words ...

>  in most cases it's obvious why somebody might want to look at other
>  section.

... I'd say that in SOME cases it's obvious, but in many it's not, and if a
general rule is needed, I'd go for 2 (with 3 as a variant).

eyolf

--
Law always chooses sides on the basis of enforcement power.  Morality and
legal niceties have little to do with it when the real question is:  Who has

  -- Bene Gesserit Council Proceedings:  Archives #XOX232