Re: Smaller PDF, shrinking away largeness

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Smaller PDF, shrinking away largeness
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 03:12:42 -0800

Turn off point and click.  It's in the docs.
- Graham

Sean Gugler wrote:
PDF files seem larger than necessary, is there something I can do to shrink them? Besides setting 'point-and-click false, which I've already done.

For point of reference, a version 2.2.2 .ly file of 17K generated a tidy 77K PDF back in June 2004. Updating that .ly to version 2.10.7 (through the supplied automation script, mainly it removed \notes and replaced \lyricmode with \lyrics) now generates a 508K PDF, a staggering difference. My current 20K .ly project generates a whopping 1338K PDF, and I'm really doing nothing fancy in there at all! How I yearn for the old compactness again.

Cheers,
~ Sean