Re: hang --"going backwards in time; " "insane spring distance requested

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: hang --"going backwards in time; " "insane spring distance requested"
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:58:16 +0100

The same problem was discussed some year ago on this mailing list
(or maybe on bug-lilypond), see the archives.

   /Mats

Ed Ardzinski wrote:

I did some playing last night and was surprised that you can have any denominator for a time signature, so my initial idea is wrong...not that I really understand what 5/9 time would really mean, but obviously LP interprets it.

Since it seems to be a lot of code that causes this, perhaps you have to experiment with whittling down the code to isolate the offending commands. I'd be interested in seeing some of the code that uses these odd times. Maybe there is a math error, and another set of eyes and fingers on a calculator can see it.