Re:hang --"going backwards in time; " "insane spring

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re:hang --"going backwards in time; " "insane spring
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:00:02 -0800

"in my experience this notation is quite useful if you have a broken bar that
it would be impossible to write differently, even if many players told me
that they prefer to see an incomplete bar (even without time signature) with
the tuplet sign (or with nested tuplets) because for them the rhythmical
relation with previous bars is more direct than with a change of time sig.
"

As another player (and not a composer) let me add another voice to those saying "please avoid these crazy time signatures whenever possible"!
Eeek.

Tim Reeves