Re: \autoBeamOff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \autoBeamOff
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:38:16 +0100

I recommend you to read the section on "Changing defaults", to learn about
different ways of setting properties. In this particular case, you also have to
figure out exactly what the macro \autoBeamOff does. See section "Default
files" to learn how to find the file ...\ly\property-init.ly in your LilyPond
installation, which among others contain the following lines.

autoBeamOff = \set autoBeaming = ##f
autoBeamOn = \set autoBeaming = ##t

Once you know that, you can make the corresponding setting globally to apply
to all scores in a .ly file, by adding
\layout{
 \context{
   \Score
   autoBeaming = ##f
at the top of the file (or in a separate file to be included whenever needed, see
Section "Style sheets").

  /Mats

Vivian Barty-Taylor wrote:
Just a convenience thing - is there anywhere in my Lilypond file where I can put \autoBeamOff which applies globally? If I put it at the start of the \score block, I get a funny extra staff, and otherwise I have to put it in each of the staves. (My \global only contains time and tempo indications.)

Thanks,

Vivian.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing