dynamics used in MIDI output?

From: Ted Walther
Subject: dynamics used in MIDI output?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:28:15 -0800

I read in the documentation on the website that dynamic markings like
crescendo and decrescendo, mezzoforte, etc, are not incorporated into
the MIDI output.

I spoke to a Lilypond developer tonight, and he said that last time he
looked at the MIDI code, it looked like some sort of sound volume was
being taken into account.

Is there an officially supported way to output MIDI files and also have
control of the volume (dynamic range)?

I can't play any instrument, so I'm trying to use Lilypond to make
accompaniment music to sing along to.

Ted

--
           There's a party in your skull.  And you're invited!

Name:    Ted Walther
Phone:   778-320-0644
Email:   address@hidden
Skype:   tederific
Address: 3422 Euclid Ave, Vancouver, BC V5R4G4 (Canada)